Thursday, May 26, 2022

Stage 11: BURGOS to FROMISTA (on bikes - 42.97 miles) - STAGES 12, 13, 14 WERE ON BIKE for an additional 100 miles; 142.97; Total - )

Today was both amazing and disastrous! First the amazing part. We rode through some beautiful areas. Below are scenes from along the way. Notice the abundance of poppies, even entire fields of them.














We pushed our bikes up this mountain (17% incline). It was very hard but the views were incredible. Below is a picture of Jannette zipping down the hill on the opposite side.





NOW, for the disaster. During the last 8 miles or so I started to get horrible cramps. They were so bad that I couldn't ride and had to push my bike along. Every once in a while I would ride a short distance but then the pain and dizzyness were too much. Finally about 4 miles outside of Frómista I started to vomit; four times! There was some relief but I was still a mess. Finally got to Frómista and the gastro-intestinal problems continued. I went directly to the room and slept a solid 12 hours. The next two biking days were spent sleeping and taking taxis from Frómista to Sahagún and then Sahagún to León. Finally in León I have started to feel better. I will post some pics from León.

STAGES 12, 13, 14 WERE ON BIKE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment